Follow these easy steps to maximize and enjoy your workouts!
- Hydrate by drinking 8 to 16 oz. of water and pack a water bottle.
- Eat some carbs – they convert to energy quickly. Try a granola bar or an apple and a handful of whole grain crackers.
- Get a solid eight hours of sleep.
- Limit alcohol consumption the night before a workout. Absolutely no alcohol within hours of your workout.
- Wear breathable workout ware – nothing fancy, just moisture wicking.
- Eat some protein within a half an hour of your workout. Maybe a protein bar or shake. Low in sugar of course!
- Hydrate some more. Shoot to consume half of your body weight in ounces of water each day.
- Consume foods high in anti-oxidants. Think brightly colored fruits and veggies, and whole grains.
- Stretch sore muscles throughout the day.